February 14th, 2022
How to Maintain Straight Lashes Curled All Day
I’ve always had pin-straight lashes, and this has made it hard for me to keep a curl for long. Thankfully, I have found a solution! During my freshman year of college, I found a mascara and an eyelash curling method that ensures that my lashes keep their curl throughout the day. Before getting into the mascara, I make sure to go in with an eyelash curler first. Everyone’s lashes and eye shapes are different, so it’s important to find an eyelash curler that best suits your needs. By using an inadequate eyelash curler you risk an uncomfortable experience or possibly pulling out eyelashes.
Key tips before applying mascara:
- Check the curvature of the eyelash curler. You want to choose the one that best suits your facial structure. For example, if you have round eyes you’d probably want to look for a curler that has a deeper curve as opposed to a flatter one.
- Make sure that the clamp of the eyelash curler is long enough to wrap around your lash line. By doing so, you can ensure that all your lashes get curled.
- I would also consider the difficulty of obtaining pad replacements for the eyelash curler. The pads on the curler eventually wear out after constant use. There are some great curlers out there, but there is an issue when it comes to finding replacement pads. Some eyelash curlers come with extra sets, but some leave you buying a new curler once the original pad wears down.
- When curling your eyelashes start at the root of your lashes, and while pulsing the clamp slowly tilt up the curler to the end of your lashes.
Now for my lash curling holy grail: The KissMe Heroine Make Long and Curl Mascara!
Here are some reasons why it’s one of the best mascaras for those with short, sparse, or short lashes:
- It has a lightweight formula. It’s not too thick or wet which aids in not drooping the lashes down.
- It has long fibers and dark pigmentation, which offers a lengthening and fuller look.
- It has a U-shaped brush applicator that works to separate lashes without leaving them clumpy.
- It’s also smudge-proof and waterproof, which helps ensure that the curl sticks in place no matter the occasion.
Extra Tip: This mascara can withstand oil, sweat, and tears so make sure to have a good makeup remover on hand!